This beautiful period home was completely restored, renovated and significantly extended. Our brief was to keep the external appearance of the traditional period home and internally deploy a fully integrated smart home that included:
- Operation of all components and devices from an iPad/iPhone within the home and remotely
- Easy to use operation for all the family
- Minimisation of power consumption with key devices linked to occupancy sensors
- Ensuring the majority of equipment was hidden in the formal areas
Safety and Security
- Ness M1 is used for the security system and access control
- Cameras are installed externally with a particular focus on gates and pool areas. Internal cameras installed in key areas providing additional monitoring
- Given the size of the home and multiple entry points, electronic locks are programmed with automatic locking dependant on schedules
- Monitoring of all cameras and lock status is provided throughout the home via touch screens
- External lighting paths, carports, driveways are activated via sensors
- Simple day to day access and control by family members is using the Ness 4 button remote key
Minimise Energy Consumption
All lighting in volume areas, hallways, bathrooms, toilets, garages and outside areas are sensor based with additional logic that provides the ability for the family to move about the home at all times without the need for any switching
- Heating (hydronic) and Cooling (ducted refrigerated) zones are linked to occupancy sensors
- Blinds (Somfy Sonesse 40s) throughout the home are programmed to operate at sunrise and sunset, west facing blinds automatically close to reduce energy consumption
Ease of Use
All systems can be controlled via central wall mounted iPads and iPhones. This includes lighting & blinds (C-Bus), security, CCTV & access control (Ness), Multi-room audio (Sonos), Irrigation (Hydrawise) and Pool Control (Pentair)
- Jacques IP Video Intercom system is installed with 2 external cameras with keypads and 6 internal touch screens. These touch screens support external and internal communication, including VoIP to other devices and control of all electronic locks and gates CBUS scenes.
- C-Bus eDLTs are deployed throughout the house for local operation of lighting, blinds, heating & cooling and electronic door locks.
- Pentair Pool Control is installed for spa, heating, lighting and cleaning control from the iPad, locally and remotely. Pool Service Company also has access to monitor, including chlorination levels.
- Hydrawise is installed to control 12 irrigation zones and 3 water tanks. This automatically monitors rainfall, daily temperatures and makes decisions on the optimal watering cycle. Control is provided via the iPad and remotely via the Cloud.